Power Jack Repair specializes in dc power jack replacements on laptop computers. DC Power Jack on the laptop is also known as an AC DC (direct current) power port, dc power input, dc power connector, dc power socket, pin, inlet, prong, point, inlet, receptacle part, basically it is an inside piece in the laptop where the dc power plug (tip part of your AC adapter cable) plugs into. It usually goes bad if for quite some time you had to wiggle the plug around to make the system power up or charge the battery, it also goes bad if you would accidentally drop the notebook computer from a table and it lands on a dc power plug that would push and break the inside power jack connector of your laptop. Basically, if your laptop battery is not charging anymore, you have to wiggle or jiggle the plug constantly to make the system work because the piece inside is loose, the screen flickers, then it is probably the dc power jack issue.
Our full time jobs are taking the laptops apart, remove (usually unsolder) the dc power jack from the laptop computer's motherboard, put a brand new dc power jack in, solder the new power jack to the motherboard, put your laptop back together, test it out, make sure everything works and everything was connected properly, package the laptop and send it back to you.
We charge a flat rate fee of $100 for our services, that includes everything. Labor, all parts (brand new power jack and a brand new power plug for your AC adapter if your AC adapter's plug is faulty). The flat rate also includes the shipping back to you by UPS, and we guarantee our work by a lifetime warranty, basically if you break your dc power jack ever again we will replace it at no extra charge.
When choosing us as your service provider please keep the following facts in mind:
- We are the first company in the U.S. to offer dc jack repair service by mail in the year 2000, a decade later (2012) we still replace more dc power jacks than anybody else in the world.
- We provide a lifetime warranty (no questions asked) on all dc power jack repairs as long as you keep using your factory power adapter / charger. We were the first company to offer a lifetime warranty on dc jack replacements.
- We always ship the laptops back to you for free (at our expense) by UPS, regardless if we fix it or not.
- We have a no fix no charge policy, basically if after the dc jack replacement the system does not fire up then we don't charge you anything, not even the shipping back to you.
- We specialize in power jack replacements, we don't work on any other computer issues except power jack repairs thus we have all parts in stock at all times.
- We have three full time techs who only work on fixing dc power jacks on laptop computers that is why we can offer the fastest turnaround time. All laptops are fixed and sent out of here by the end of the next business day (at the latest) after we receive it.
- If the laptop is not out of here by the end of the next business day after we receive it then the repair is free. No other company can give you that sort of guarantee.
- We don't fix your old jack, we simply put a brand new one instead of the old one (basically we replace it), installing brand new parts is one of the reason we can offer a lifetime warranty.
- Our price is all inclusive, there is no up selling, there are no diagnostic fees of any kind, there is no bait and switch. We make the system work at an advertised price, or you don't pay a cent.
- Legitimacy and reviews: We are in business of DC Jack Replacements since the year 2000 and we have 3000+ reviews on eBay, to verify this information simply type in "applicasoft reviews" into google and it will bring you to the eBay page with reviews. For these who has no time to Google us, simply click here for a snapshot of reviews it shows that we been in business since 2000 and 3000+ positive reviews with 99.9% of happy clients. We also have Google reviews, for these of you who don't have an account with Google you can click here to see a snapshot of Google reviews that there are 4000+ people who paid us through Google, and 200+ of them left a review for us rating us at 4.8/5.0 stars over the years. Last but not the least, simply Google "applicasoft" you will see 5000+ web sites referencing our company and what we do. Chicago office of Better Business Bureau has an A+ rating for our company, simply visit their web site and look up our company.
- We got 1000+ picture examples of dc jack replacements as a proof here: www.PowerJackRepair.org/examples.html
- We do make videos of power jack repairs as well, for video examples of our work on youtube please visit: http://youtube.com/powerjackrepair
- We are very social, we are on facebook, twitter and google+ scroll down for the links
- We are the largest distributor of DC Power Jacks in the U.S. If you want to do the repair yourself and you just need the parts you can order the parts for any make and model here: www.PowerJack.US
- Communication is extremely important for our clients, so if you ever call us, we WILL pick up the phone and try to resolve whatever issue you might have.
If you decide to use our services please pack your laptops very well, please include your AC power adapter with the package, feel free to remove and keep the hard drive, write a note about who and where to send the laptop back, put down your email address so that UPS would send you a tracking number, write out a personal or business check in the amount of $100 made out to Applicasoft, and ship your package to:
710 MILL CIRCLE #107
WHEELING, IL 60090
Chicago clients we are located 25 minutes north of downtown of Chicago. We are open 10 a.m. till 6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10a.m.-2p.m. Saturday, if you are in the area then simply come on in and your computer won't take more than an hours and a half to fix. The only acceptable payment for walk in clients is cash after the repair is complete.
With any questions feel free to call (847) 529 9441 seven days a week or email: PortRepair AT GMail DOT com (change AT to @ and Dot to .)
Shipping is usually most affordable if you package up your laptop yourself, and bring it to UPS or FedEx facility. UPS or Fedex should not charge you more than $15 to ship it by ground service to us. USPS will charge you much more than UPS or Fedex for laptop because they charge extra for the size of the box where UPS and Fedex do not charge as much. Please do not try to fit a laptop into one of these "flat rate" USPS boxes, it won't come to us in one peice. We always pay for the shipping of the laptop back to you.
Very Important!!! Our company and our clients receive many laptops with screens / monitors damaged during the shipment. Bad packaging is the ONLY reason why that happens. We use your packaging and your packaging material to ship the laptop back. Please don't complain if you get a laptop back with a broken or non working screen because you haven't provided enough packaging. Flat rate boxes provided by USPS are the number one reason why the screen gets broken. Please use lots of bubble wrap around your laptop. No bubble wrap or not enough bubble wrap means a broken screen. Please do not put AC power adapter / power brick on top of the screen when shipping the laptop to us, put the power adapter to the side of the laptop. The point is please package your laptop VERY WELL.
You can also submit a payment by Credit Card through google checkout or paypal below, please print out the receipt and send it along with the laptop.
Google Checkout above and Paypal below both accept credit cards
The most common laptops to have a DC power jack issues are:
- Dell Inspiron PP29l pp12l pp14l N7010 P08E 1525 1545 1530 6000 1569 m5010 n5010 n5030 m5030 vostro 1510
- HP Compaq G60 G70 G71 G50 g72
- Toshiba c655 l455
- Lenovo sl500 sl400 idepad y460 y410 g550 e420
- Asus k53e G53 G53J a53s k53sv g73s
- Acer Aspire Travelmate Extensa m2204 4620z
- Samsung NP-Q430
- Acer Aspire 3000, 5000 Travelmate Extensa series especially 4620z and Atom One
- Averatec 3200 series
- Dell Inspiron and vostro M1330 M1530 PP25L PP28L 1545 1150 1525 1526 5150 6000 600m 700m B120 B130 1000 1200 2200 2000
- Toshiba A70 A75 and MX35x series A105
- HP ZV5000 ZX5000 ZD7000 and ZE2000 series dv6000 dv9000 series
- Sony vaio K series PCG and VGN series MSI er710
- Compaq R3000 v5000 v4000
- Most of Gateways are prone to DC Power Jack Failure w323-ui1 w350l MA3 MA7 MA8 PA2 MAll MA1 MA2 MA2A W322 MX3000 and MX6000 series TA6 MT and T-series and M-series
Warranty information and other fine print in regards to warranty could be found here: warranty info
Information on blinking ac adapter light could be found here: Blinking AC Adapter Light on Dell Computers